Monday, August 13, 2012

finn is one


the day is here.  our little finn is one.  it is equally glorious and bittersweet.  when i look back on finn's birth day - it seems like a decade ago.  i don't even recognize myself in those hospital pictures.  i have changed so.  learned.  grown.  my heart is certainly bigger.

and finn!  he has changed too :)  once in awhile he treats me to a little flashback...these days when he is lying down as i change his diaper and he really wails - i get a glimpse of that little brand new baby face, fresh out of the womb, crying his little head off.   funny, he was surely terrified in that moment, but it was certainly the best moment of my life.  and when i first held him, i remember rubbing his forehead, saying "you are my baby", over and over again.   i think he will always be my baby.

  we are so happy to celebrate you and your first year today.

simply put, you are the best thing. 

we love you, baby boy.




and to everyone else in our life who has helped fill finn's first year with love and happiness, thank you from the depths. there is no greater gift...

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I just got all teary and goose-bumpy.

    Happy Birthday, Finn!

    ~and you're the best mama ever, Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kristen, that was the most beautiful video I have ever seen. You and Ryan are phenomenal parents. Happy Birthday to the world's happiest baby. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails