Tuesday, December 7, 2010

golden goose



last night
, i came home to a specific mister of mine in the kitchen with oven gloves on both hands. let's be real: my mister and i have a lovely division of labor worked out and he is a very capable man, but cooking usually falls on my side of the chore list.


mister had roasted a beautiful chicken and made garlic mashed potatoes. He proudly opened the oven and said in his irish brogue, "a golden goose for my golden lady." I beamed.


we ate in between smiles. and i felt warm inside.


we bundled up and began a loooooong walk and he held my mittened hand the whole time. we admired and critiqued christmas light jobs and stopped at rite aid for candy. i got andes chocolate mints. i adore those little rectangle mints that you find tucked in with your check at a restaurant, i always wish i had ten more just like it. but then when you have a whole box at your disposal, somehow they lose their lustre. isn't that funny?


we trekked home and hopped right in the car to find our christmas tree. i love a big tree, but for some reason, this year, i wanted a little tree for our little house. so after much deliberation, we found our little 2010 tree. a humble little four foot noble fir. and i couldn't love it anymore.


tonight, we will decorate that tree. and all will feel right with the world.


1 comment:

  1. Due to the fact that I do not have a computer at home I am posting this from work a day early (shhh don't tell anyone ;-)
    CONGRATULATIONS on ONE YEAR of Blogging!
    I have enjoyed it so much. Even though we chat frequently, this blog has helped me get a glimpse of your world on a daily/weekly basis. I feel so much more involved in your life.
    Thank you for keeping a photo journal for our family. Your pictures are wonderful and your talent is amazing. Keep on posting! Please.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails