Monday, December 13, 2010

birthday girl



my sister.


today, is her birthday.


and if you would have asked me last year, i would have said it was impossible, but this year, i can honestly say i love her even more than i did in years past.


i always knew i was lucky to have her, but she really just keeps getting better and better.


i would list a million things that are cool about her. but i think this picture says it all...she is good and pure, just as her sweet and tender face leads one to believe.


i can always count on her to pick up where i lack, she is positive when i am negative, sensible when i overreact, funny when i am morose, and excited when i am tentative.


and today, i will celebrate her all day long, and will find it hard to believe that the blond, freckled little girl who used to annoy me is now one of the greatest parts of my life. and tonite as she blows out her candles, she will wish for something secret but i will make my own wish: to one day become the sister she is to me.



P.S. sorry for the all the sappy-ness sister - I can't help it sometimes!

P.P.S. thanks for being my blog's biggest fan.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sister, the words "I love you too" seem so inadequate! But I do, love you so. Ps I am only trying to be the sister you are to me! Thank you for being my sister and for 2 Birthday posts. Oh my you have a way with words. I am so excited for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I love being at the top of your blog I am deeply missing a weekly update on your life! "Woren....Woren....Can you cwome out from hiding?" Spoken in Rachel's odd voice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails