Saturday, January 8, 2011

my mister had a birthday. a big one.




so we had a little party to celebrate. complete with balloons, streamers (courtesy of my Em), a keg filled with celebration ale and presents.


and of course, what is a party without food and spirits. beer, wine, and dirty shirleys. mmmmmmm.

the sisters made spinach dip and blood orange shrimp dip. ryan's mom made peanut clusters and rocky road, and my mama made ham and brie sammies. how lucky am i for all the help. major lucky.


if it weren't for my sisters, this party would not have happened. true story. they came the night before to help me tie bows, chop veggies and clean my oven. Yes, my sisters cleaned my oven for me. i could cry thinking of all that they did.

there also would be no pictures of this little party if my sisters weren't there. so thanks girls.



after trevor and my mom had some type of bonding moment while remininsing our high school years, he became the star of the show and we all laughed at him for hours.

mistletoe mischeif

and then there was dessert.

my mister loves dessert so i went to town the week before whipping up his favorites. coconut cupcakes, chocolate cake, and cheesecake.

and then we lit the candles, sang, as he contemplated his wish. the whole time i thought, "he is the cutest, sweetest thirty year old I know."

before the night was over we had a little fun with party poppers. ok, maybe a lot of fun.

my mister is thirty and he was so happy and grateful for his party.

it made me happy. really happy. and a little tired.

thank you to all of our friends and family for helping me "cheers" to my ryan.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how you have made my day yesterday and today with your return to the blogging world. You sure know how to throw a party it was Great!!Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still so upset that I missed it! But it is great to have you back in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails