Friday, April 15, 2011

24



dear baby:


it has been a big week for you! you have grown to be a foot long (and i can't stop picturing a sub sandwich). the book tells me to imagine you like a sweet, crisp ear of corn - long and lean! i finally feel like my belly matches your size requirements.


this weekend, we are heading west for a bestie beach day. it sounds like a dream to me: warm sun (hopefully), sandy feet, uncontrollable laughter, genoa's deli treats, bottled sodie, and a little boy named everest. it will be a good time.


get busy and grow, baby.



love, mama mia


p.s. thanks to our wheat grass that grew tall this week and thanks to your daddio, who thought we could use some tulips, our house looked and smelled like easter all week. it also made me daydream about easter bonnets and baby khakis, egg hunts and bunnies...this spring feels pretty great, but something tells me that next spring will really knock our socks off.

2 comments:

  1. I want to grow wheat grass....tell me how?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy-even I can do it ;) throw some potting soil in a cute little bucket or teacup or anything you want and toss some wheat berries on top, one complete layer (we got ours at whole foods). Water, put it in a sunny window and watch it grow! If you do it now, you will have little sprouts by Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails