Monday, February 14, 2011

love day



i smiled
the second my alarm buzzed it's annoying horn on this cold, rainy morning.




i lumbered to the kitchen and admired all the red and pink treats that were left at our house or found in our mailbox over the weekend. cards and confections from moms and dads, sisters and grandparents.



i kissed my sleeping lover and told him that my heart was over flowing today and that like every monday, i couldn't wait to get home to him. he smiled and dozed back off.



i put on my red coat, the one i bought myself the day after ryan asked me to be his. and i smiled when i realized that it was now far t0o small to button.



i drove to work and smiled as i passed a young boy riding his bike eagerly through the rain. a single rose surrounded by baby's breath stuck out of his backpack. full of promise and hope.



and then for breakfast i ate one of the chocolate chip cookies that my mom had made for us, without nuts, because she knows ryan doesn't like nuts in his cookies. and then i ate a banana because i felt bad.



usually on this day, ryan and i stay home, and drink wine, and together make our traditional shrimp scampi with salad and garlic bread, but this year shrimp really grosses me out. i don't know what we will eat tonight, but i know that it will be equally romantic. even if we eat cereal.



i love this day.



and after one of the dreamiest weekends, i love this man more than i ever thought possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails