Friday, February 25, 2011

seventeen weeks


knowing there is a baby, our baby, growing inside me is the single most spectacular event i have ever experienced.



having my ryan beside me to love me, and our baby is as intoxicating as when we initially fell in love...



and having our little village of friends, and family who are so supportive and so excited for us is like the cherry on top, the icing on the cake, the thing that makes this already-exciting event...just perfect.



i feel like this little baby berry is already so incredibly loved.



i get text messages almost everyday asking how i and the berry are feeling.



every time i leave napa, my car returns to sacramento loaded with maternity clothes, baby clothes and baby stuff loaned from amanda and erika.



there is a twinkle in mother-in-law's eyes every time we talk about the baby and my father-in-law's grin seems to get bigger and bigger.



my grandma excitedly shows me fabric she picked up and explains what she plans to sew for baby.



my sisters clamour over me to rub my bump and whisper into my belly button about how much they already love this baby and how much fun they will have when baby comes out.



my dad looks at me with the softest eyes.



and my mom. oh my mom. i can't even explain it. she carefully listens to every complaint, every fear, and every bit of joy. her excitement to welcome this baby into our family is palpable. and it is like we can't get enough of each other. i glom onto every word and every moment i can spend with her and she gloms on right back. i am like a sponge. eager to retain every bit of wisdom she shares with me. my own mom is slowly teaching me how to mother. from one generation to the next. what a beautiful thing.



i know how warm and lovely it all feels right now, but i can't imagine how once this baby arrives, my heart will explode when i watch each member of our village hold and hug and kiss and love our little bundle....



so thank you everyone. truly.





p.s. am i going to keep getting bigger and bigger at this rate each week? i keep thinking my belly growth will taper off for awhile. this is getting kinda scary...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails