Tuesday, August 2, 2011

nursery tour



:: little overalls and a darling little vintage hanger will greet you...





:: our denim rocker. i know many hours will be spent in this space...rocking, nursing, cuddling and reading...






:: our sweet little white crib...with a mattress on the way! and a too cute over sized diaper pin holding a treasured quilt...






:: a wicker toy chest and coat rack illuminated by brilliant afternoon light. i simply love the light in this room...






:: baby's antique dresser...a furniture gem. and above it - a rack that we found sitting lonely in our garage. perfecto!






:: a bookshelf that still needs a little decorating tweaking... (i.e. my mama's special touch)






:: and some of my favorite details and special baby pieces...







:: this room brings me such peace and such excitement at the same time... i find myself in this space several times a day...daydreaming, smelling, touching and admiring. in some way, through hand-me-downs, loaners and gifts, all the people we love have helped make these four walls a nursery. the very nursery i imagined and hoped for. so other than our mattress, now all we need is a BABY!

:: and lastly, the bassinet. not just any bassinet, but the very bassinet that me, my sisters and cousins all slept in as wee babes. carefully restored and painted by my parents and all bedding lovingly sewed by my grandma and mom. and with our little babe it will become a family heirloom...the mere thought kinda chokes me up. such a treasure.






1 comment:

  1. So darling!! Ours is such a similar blue, it's so serene. Baby K is so loved already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails