Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Camp de Kelly

Apparently seven days in Hawaii wasn't enough for us, so mid-week, before our honeymoon hiatus was over, we headed up to the mountains for a little camping.

Sly Park is a personal favorite and I was so excited to share this place with Mr. Kelly.





It was so great to finally use all of our new camping gear, including these beauties...



Well thank you, don't mind if I do...



We hit the lake for a swim with our rafts. The water was just as I remembered, clear and crisp. Ahhhhh.



The competition can get pretty fierce during our gin rummy tournaments. Too bad I have NO poker face. None whatsoever.



I waited all day for the sun to begin its descent. Because THAT is when the magic slowly creeps over the campgroud...you can feel the excitment quietly brewing. You know what I am talking about: campfires, bbq's, lanterns, citronella candles, dinner and then s'mores. It really doesn't get much better.



Dinnertime!



These feathery little friends are headed home for the night.



I spy a cresent moon.



I also spy a handsome husband.





S'MORE TIME!



Good morning camper...



Mimosas, courtesy of my sweet, sweet Rachel. Muchas gracias Raquel!



A morning walk to the lagoon, as I called it.





Honeymoon Part II - Mission Complete.



The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails