Sunday, November 21, 2010

birthday girl



today is this lovely maid's birthday.

my cousin, Amanda.



top ten reasons to love her:

* she is a fascinating and brilliant mother. one of the best i have seen.


* she will never forget to send a thank you note or a note "just because".


* her house is always impeccable and organized. at least, every time i have seen it.


* she is such a gracious hostess, like a true southern belle. seriously, you should stay the night at her house sometime, it's like resort living.


* she has a voice like a lullaby, which i think she got from her mother, soft, soothing and empathetic. but she can yell like the sailor too.


* she is as tough as nails. one strong woman she is.


* she baked banana bread on the morning of my wedding and convinced me that i needed wedding day perfume to always remind me of that day. and then she bought me some.



* she used to play make-believe with me when we were tiny, even though she is four years older than me.


* she has always given me really good advice about boys.


*she knows me really well its almost creepy.


* she is the older sister i never had.



i love you dee. a lot. and i hope your birthday is perfect, even though you are stuck painting. which i know you don't like.



would it help if i baked you a cake?


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and see our new casa!!! Where is the picture of me in my little miss birthday t-shirt?? I would LOVE a Cake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails