Tuesday, November 16, 2010

tardy weekend report



i spend saturday watching playing with these little darlings...we watched sponge bob, which i cannot stand, colored for hours, walked and played at the park.


sunday was spent in the kitchen, preparing a cold day classic: pot roast.

i chopped, seasoned and browned in between a couple frantic texts to my sister for advice about potatoes. bless her.

i think the rosemary is the star of this dish and i love a meal that feels "old world" or very english...which this one did to me. And what is not to love about a one-pot meal.

katie came for dinner. she brought wine, lilies, a hand-me-down iphone for me and even cuddled my disturbed cat - now that is a good friend.

katie is one those glorious types of friends that stretches my brain, exercises the debater in me and encourages me to think. i love that. we talked about lofty goals, our thoughts on big issues like religion and psychology and then small things like being pisces, disney, cruises, running and our disappointment with target's fall collection. and then she went home.

****

after i watched her drive away, i settled in and watched four episodes of in treatment. have you seen that show? i am completely intrigued by it. there is something i will always love about "crazy" and the process of figuring out how another person is wired. i am also very fond of gabriel bryne ever since i watched him steal Jo's heart in little women. he always looks so weathered and pained, like his life story is composed of one tragdy after another. maybe it is. but his eyes remain so soft and kind.

that, and i am just a sucker for an irish accent.

2 comments:

  1. Can I tell you how much I LOVE Gabriel Bryne?? I fell in love with him in Little Women with Susan Sarandon and I'm obsessed with in Treatment!! And I need to make that pot roast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pam, gabriel bryne is DELICIOUS, almost as delicious as pot roast :) p.s. the pot roast recipe is courtesy of pioneer woman! p.p.s i love your blog. big time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails