Monday, May 23, 2011

baby shower no. 1


saturday. the day of my first baby shower, hosted by ryan's mom. a.k.a. mimi. and what a perfect day. the sun was shining so bright. and i was so excited.


mimi made that perfect diaper wreath that greeted us at the front door. i couldn't believe it's cuteness! and i can't wait to hang that wreath from our front door after our baby makes his or her grand entrance into the world...


the decoration cuteness only grew exponentially after we stepped through the door...



we ate on the kelly's lakeside patio - it was all so darling!! i felt like such a lucky mama-to-be.

ryan's old toys decorated bookshelves and mantles and his old baby clothes hung on an indoor clothesline - i was particularly fond of the red overalls!



baby shoes decorated what would otherwise be ordinary doorknobs. such clever cuteness.


and that baby balloon makes me laugh everytime i see it.


mimi has such amazing friends. they are fun, as in F.U.N. ladies. they make me belly laugh. and i am pretty sure those two ladies in the top righhand picture are about to redefine the term "you look too young to be a grandma". and those two great-grandma's in the bottom right picture are just too hot to handle. they both had me in stitches all day. two grandmas and two great-grandmas. there is a lot of wisdom in those heads. what a lucky baby! and what a lucky mama ;)


the food was INCREDIBLE! fruit salad (with lots of strawberries!), sandwiches, turkey wraps, veggies, potato salad, and a green salad that makes my mouth water just thinking of it.

and then there was cake! lemon chiffon and chocolate...this mama-to-be was one happy lady.


after our lunch on the patio, i came inside to see that everyone had decorated onesies for baby berry! i laughed and laughed and admired everyone's craftiness. i was in charge of picking a winner and the one that made me laugh the most read, "whatever happens at mimi's, stays at mimi's". i just can't wait to see baby berry in all these onesies...


i was truly showered with the most generous, thougtful and amazing gifts. and although the collage below is a little "lauren overkill", i thought that my faces better explained my glee than words would.


there were gifts that made me cry. gifts that made me laugh. gifts that made my heart burst with sentimental overload. and gifts that shocked me with their adorableness.



i cried reading david and marsha's card. i was shocked to receive handmade clothes that were made for ryan. i laughed at the little rocking lamb that baby can ride on and the miniature sunglasses. i cried (a lot) when my mom gave me my baby ring and bracelet, baby cup and bowl. and i was thrilled to receive our stoller and carseat from the hostess herself!


it was such a relaxing day. and was made all the better by the sun and amazing company who came out to shower me with love and gifts. i felt so happy all day long. and i am pretty sure baby feels completely spoiled.


my sisters are like the loyal bridesmaids that never quit. always by my side for these major events in my life to help and guide me. emily took every single amazing picture that you see (except the few that she appears in). the girl knows i love the detail and food pics. and rachel handed me my gifts and took dilligent notes recording all my gifts. she even got me more salad at lunch.



and marsha. mimi. what a gal. she has completely made me a part of her loving circle of family and friends and went over and above to make sure that my first baby shower was truly an unforgettable day for me. i will never forget it. especially that wreath, baby balloon and diaper cake :).



i am so lucky. and baby berry has no idea all the love that is waiting for him or her.


thank you, mimi!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails