Friday, May 20, 2011

twenty nine weeks



dear baby:

apparently i sometimes wake your daddy up in the night with my loud "breathing". apparently that is exactly what happened on tuesday night because he woke up in the morning with the biggest, proudest smile on his face and told me the sweetest news: at some point in the night, he had woke up and readjusted to cuddle my tummy while i slept only to find that you were moving all around, squirming and kicking. he said that he kept rubbing my tummy and that it felt like you were having a little midnight drum jam session with him in there!


i couldn't believe that i slept through it.


it made me so happy that you and your daddy had your own special time together.


and it officially dispelled my misguided hope that maybe you would be a dream baby and would sleep when the rest of the world slept.


oh well. we love you to the moon anyway.






p.s. the tantes are coming tonight!! you love them so much and you have no idea how much they love you...it's bound to be a party!


p.p.s. those jammies are the first thing i ever bought for you. boy or girl, i am crazy for blue stripes and i can't wait to see your chubby little legs in this get-up. it's so soft.


p.p.p.s. my first baby shower with all of mimi's friends is tomorrow!!! i can't wait for you to meet all these ladies - they are all pretty much a hoot and are all so sweet. its hard to believe that a year ago we gathered for my bridal shower. wow! a lot sure can happen in a year :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails