Thursday, May 12, 2011

date night



tuesday night we headed downtown to buckhorn. one of our favorites. while ryan enjoys a tri tip sandwich slathered with horseradish...the roadhouse salad is a favorite in my book. especially love the candied walnuts, blue cheese crumbles and onion strings.


we ended the night at our neighborhood ice cream stop: burr's. i got a huge scoop of chocolate chip ice cream on a sugar cone. ryan got mocha fudge swirl in a cup. because he doesn't like cones. it baffles me.


it was a fun night, but sadly, extravagant meals like this one are coming to an end. the very next day my hands, feet and ankles swelled up (bye bye wedding rings and cute shoes) and i now look and feel like a puffy mess. thus, the eating party is over. low sodium is now the focus and the ice cream/chocolate/candy indulgences are now on the "no eat zone". it won't be easy to ignore those pesky cravings, but after all, a healthy baby (and skinny ankles) is the best treat around.



2 comments:

  1. Is that from my favorite ice cream shop in Sac, the one you took me to while I was pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! No, but I think of you everytime I drive by leatherbys-remember the grilled cheese sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails