Friday, October 22, 2010

Capitol Park



For me, this will always be the park. The finest one in the city, in my humble opinion, and the one where Ryan acted real nervous, got down on his knee and asked me to be his. So yes, this will always be the park of all parks in my mind.





I jetted out of the office yesterday as fast as my high-heeled feet would carry me and followed the sunset west...it was a sight to see. Much better with the human eye, in fact. (someday, someday soon, I will master this fancy new camera!)





I struggled for a bit...black and white...or full on technicolor? But the color of the sky and the promise of rain made the decision for me...it was too blue, too foreboding to miss.





The details are just stunning...whenever I visit this park and once that huge building comes into sight, it truly takes my breath away. And no matter the hour, the Capitol always seems to glow. It is a building that is worthy of what it stands for, worthy of what it represents.










And the view from the front steps is hard to beat too...






As I hit the winding path that would lead me back to my car, I smiled as the near full moon slowly rose over the roof of the Capitol...it was a sight to see indeed. (
Someday I will also learn how to photograph the moon, but in the meantime I will spare you from the twenty blurry pictures I took - any tips, friends??)





I stopped mid-step, remembering that no trip to this park, the park of all parks, is complete without a visit to the bench, the bench where we sat when my heart exploded at the mere sight of Ryan's face and that shiny, brilliant ring.




P.S. Just wait...a post touring the second half of the park comes next and come December the grandest Christmas tree graces the front lawn of the Capitol and you know I will be back to photograph that. ;)

P.P.S. Does anyone know what happened to my sidebar? Why is it down below? Any blogger tips would be appreciated. Many thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Already impressed! Great shots. I love the park bench. Looks like the cover of a book or novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, what's weird is when I went to comment, now the sidebar is back where it's supposed to be. Did you play with the html at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks B! I copied that bench shot from one that MPortraits took at our e-session! Love that bench :)

    Kristen-Good idea and I looked at the html but I am nervous to even TOUCH it-it looks...well, complicated, to say the least. Here is to hoping it works itself out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails