Wednesday, October 20, 2010

date night.



We needed props for our costumes. It was date night. So Halloween City became the venue. I wouldn't have thought that fake blood and plastic daggers could spur romance, but I forget the mystical powers of my Mister and his ability to make any place...fun. So Halloween City it was...




Of course, we had to play dress up for a bit...






I am crazy for these holograms....so creepy!





And all the gore was actually quite frightening. It was like being in the midst of a rated "r" movie and my hand gripped Ryan's just a bit tighter when I saw that red eyed baby, whose head rotated 360 degrees every once in awhile. That baby actually gave me quite a memorable nightmare last night.


Think..."Rosemary's Baby".








No vampire, murderer, demon or goblin can beat the creep factor of a clown. For suuuuure. Right, Em?




For dinner, we had breakfast. One of our favorites.







Ok, breakfast and dessert, all at once. Ryan is a big fan of the milkshake and he usually shares with me and he gives me the cherry. It's a win, win.




He also played a song for me-California Girls by the Beach Boys. How did he know I had hoped he would pick that song? It's magic, I suppose...



I giggled and told him that I will be his California Girl, forever and ever.



And then our waiter came and asked us where we were "from". I guess only tourists eat breakfast for dinner at nine o'clock, sit on the same side of the booth together, and take a bajillion pictures while doing so. It was kind of funny and embarrassing at the same time. I told the nice waiter that we lived just down the street and that I was just an obsessive picture taker, while Ryan shook his head, smiling into his lap....



He is so patient and kind. And when everyone else looks at me with eyebrows raised, I find his familiar face in the crowd - and there he is, looking at me with eyes full of love. And it gives me all the courage in the world to be me. Freak flag and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails