Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekending



As always, the weekend began on Friday afternoon and raindrops graced my windows and my toes begged for Uggs. Could there be a better start to a weekend? Maybe...


A trip to the library in an effort to learn about my new piece of machinery added to my joy...but all that technical language bores me after about 50 minutes and I soon found myself engrossed in a biography about Dorothea Lange...such an artist and what a true bohemian! I remember studying her in my high school photo classes and thinking that I could stare at her photographs for hours...I still can.



Saturday found me celebrating the second birthday of this little girl. Such a dear and quite a little cowgirl party! Impressive! The birthday girl even said thank you and acted interested in each and every gift...gracious and well-mannered already. Do some babies just come like that?



Saturday night led us to the costume bin and a short drive to our neighbor friend's for a birthday costume party...I was laughing all night in my nerd costume and spent most of my time giggling at Ryan's hair and avoiding Jimmy-those teeth freaked me out! And I may have had two cupcakes.




Sunday is for sweet babies. And part of this lazy Sunday was spent at the Caldwell's for some time with my little baby Logan, darling-as-can-be AJ, and their mamas and papas. All of us ladies busted out our new picture takers as the mens poked fun and called us Papa Paparazzi. It is somewhat true. But do you think these rain boots come in my size?



The afternoon was consumed with a stop at Taqueria Rosita 2 (I couldn't resist) and then on to Costco with Sister Rachel...it was sample day. Awesome.


Onward to Casa de Awesome for some time with the parentals and Sunday dinner. I love sitting in their kitchen, talking about the latest, flipping through magazines while sipping my Mom's coffee. It is thick, strong and rich. Oh yah, and mom's coffee was the perfect companion to Rachel's HOMEMADE cinnamon rolls - which just might be the best in the land.




And of course, some more pet pictures and a walk to the "crik" with Papa to see if any rain water had collected.






After dinner, I drove home to our cold little house (brrrr!) and waited for my Mister to come home and warm me up and chat about the day.



And then he did just that.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails