Friday, October 8, 2010

The Patch



To the pumpkin patch we go...and yes, my obsession with these gourds and all things October continues - I just can't help it!






I also still have quite the soft spot in my heart for all things "bride and groom"...it will dissipate soon, I assure you. Check out these long gone newlyweds:






They have scary props and mannequins everywhere...I used to say, "this would be so fun for a kid!", but then I realized these things are equally fun for me - just a kid in a grown up body I am.



Feel free to poke fun-everyone else does, even the workers at the Patch-they thought I was a JOKE. But I just laugh them off. It's just a hunch, but somethin' tells me they don't have half the fun we do. Too bad, so sad!







This was my favorite...a creepy ghost hidden in a tractor - SPOOKY!




A hay ride takes you out to the patch where all the pumpkins await...it was just the two of us and for a moment it felt a bit silly, but then it was just pure October romance...







Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere...




Is there anything cuter than a red wagon?




White pumpkins are my favorite...and I think I wore the wrong shoes.




The hunt continues...





and after a few debates about our pumpkin budget...the decisions had been made.







Our wagon was full, my smile was close to exploding, the camera battery was dying, and the sun was falling...it was a beautiful sight to see. These big, blue October skies have been making me a very happy girl lately.





We had done what we came for = pumpkins galore.






So we trekked the trail back to our waiting tractor for our hayride home...or back to our car, I should say.






Mission accomplished.





And of course, all that pumpkin picking left us a bit peckish, and we decided that a stop at the Hedge Avenue fruit stand was appropriate.




We drove homeward, planning our jack-o-lantern patterns and snacking on tomatoes and berries to our heart's content.


I asked Ryan why all days couldn't be like this one, and with a sly grin and a wink, he leaned over and said, "not all days can be perfect, Pumpkin."



So true, Darling. So very true.



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to take Logan to the Pumpkin Patch!!! I think it may happen next Sunday (17th) Anyone and everyone is welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails