Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend



Friday and the weekend started promptly at five o'clock with a quick stop to the grocery store and then home to meet my besties who ventured over from Napa for an impromptu dinner (and wine) in...





Ever had a little flag time on the lawn and we all enjoyed watching his glee. Trevor thought he looked like a little Republican waving the flag with such pride...but Erika pointed out that the little boy was proudly wearing his peace sign shirt. Patriotism is for all!



I nearly died when I saw this shirt. Need it. Want it. NOW.




I had a busy weekend planned and warned my dearest amigos that while I love spontaneous visits, I had little time to prepare for their arrival. "No worries!", they said and arrived with all the fixins' for homemade pad thai. What a lucky girl I am. It was FANTASTIC.




We ate our first October supper by candlelight....spooky!



Like always, we ended the night with a walk around the neighborhood where we talked about our future road trip, and then...hugs and kisses for all.



*************************************************************************************

Saturday began at the bright and early time of 6:00 as I prepared to host my first GARAGE SALE!




It's all about advertising...







I spent many evenings last week making fifteen of these signs to distribute around the neighborhood. My hands are still stained with dye...but I truly love any chance to play with colored markers. Does anyone remember these markers...they smell edible and delicious. Brought me right back...




The garage sale was one of the most tiring days of my life, but thanks to mimosas, dear neighbors and friends, it felt like a party too. As the customer traffic began to dwindle, we all hung out on the lawn, sipping beverages and laughing about how one person's trash really is another's treasure...




By sundown, I felt exhausted and sunburned. I felt thankful for all the help. And I thought about the sales skills I had acquired...driving up prices and then making bargains. My pockets are heavy with coins (and dollars!!) and our mancave is finally clean. Ahhh....





*************************************************************************************


Sunday was a day for babysitting with these little people. Lucky me.






We hit the trail for a long walk and of course a little photo op. These big blue skies combined with the yellow straw were just calling me and my camera's name. My sweet little camera's name is Seferina by the way. Don't ask. I have no clue. But she has been so good to me she deserves a name, don't you think?



Anyway, these kids make me happy.




We walked and walked.


They were such troupers.




We looked for frogs...





We smelled the flowers and looked for "dinosaur eggs" among the rocks...


We picked flowers for the their mommy and adopted a roley poley (sp?) as a pet. And then when we lost said roley poley - we had a meltdown.



But there is very little a good slide can't fix. I am quickly learning the value in the art of distraction when it comes to small people.


Their smiles returned...


and so did mine.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails