Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Basic instincts.


Today, I met Ryan for lunch at a sandwich shop.

On our way out, Ryan was ahead of me as a smelly old man shot me a lecherous smile and then deliberately altered his step so he would brush my side. So disturbing. I turned my head and said, "Excuse me!" He ignored me and walked on.



Out the door I decided to keep my run-in with the smelly old man to myself, and Ryan and I began our goodbyes, which usually involve a hug, a kiss and well wishes for a good day. However, our parting was interrupted by the smelly old man shouting vulgar expletives in my face as he saddled his bike. Everyone turned to see the mayhem.


I was speechless. Ryan was not. He instantly got in front of me and shouted in his deep, manly voice, "THAT IS MY WIFE you are talking to and I don't think you want a problem with me!!!!!!!!!" Or something along those lines, I was kind of stunned by the "my WIFE" part. It still gets me everytime. And this time, it was particularly hard hitting.


As the man continued his insulting rant, I realized that this was a crazy smelly old man and urged Ryan that we should just leave. Luckily, Ryan agreed. As we turned, a nervous smile crept over my red, nervous face. I tried to stifle it, but I failed.


My husband was protecting me. And I liked it.


I always knew that he would, but of course I never wished a circumstance to arise prompting him into action. He was so fired up and I witnessed this primal, very basic instinct come over him, protecting the one he loves.


I am not gonna lie. It was hot.


But it doesn't take a crazy old man verbally assaulting me to remind me how hot my husband is to me.


Later, Ryan sent me a text that simply read: "I was going to take that old man out if he took one step closer to you".


I know, my big, gentle giant and I thank you. But I prefer a Husband free of felonies.



That, and prison jumpsuits don't really do it for me, Darlin'.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, not like we would ever doubt it but I love Ryan more everytime I read something like this about you two and know that you two really are taking amazing care of eachother! I love you both so much! Good job Ryan, dang that guy must have been uber intimidated! haha
    -Love Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails