Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday Sturgeon

On date nights, I try to look as cute as possible. Last night I wore Ryan's favorite outfit...a little white summer skirt that I have had for over FOUR summers. For some reason, the man loves it and never tires of it. It isn't short or tight, it's just fun and screams "SUMMMMMMER!". Hard to complain about that.

I worry what will happen when this little skirt comes out of the dryer one day in shreds. It's bound to happen. I asked Ryan what we will do when that dreaded day arrives and he said simply, "I will buy you another one". I didn't have the heart to explain how fleeting fashion is and that it would be impossible to visit the store and request a duplicate of the skirt I bought so long ago. Here's to hoping.




Anyway, because we planned to enjoy an appetizer waterfront, I thought my faux wayfarers would be particularly fitting...




The Virgin Sturgeon is a favorite Kelly family haunt...but I had yet to visit the establishment.

I thought that since my last name is Kelly now, I had better get in that place. Lucky for me, Mr. Kelly agreed.




The entrance was so kitschy and cool!






Love dinner with a view... especially when law enforcement is in full swing. You see....Mr. Kelly and I share a love for being "in the know" and sometimes our curiosity gets the best of us. But this time, we didn't have to jump in the car and follow the sirens, it was all viewable from our table-yessss!




Tasty little suckers!




Mr. Kelly treated me to a coffee for dessert....




This beautiful skyscape, however, was free of charge.




P.S. I found this tree verrrrry spooky and it had me yearning for the return of Fall and for streets full of yellow, crunchy leaves...only 51 days to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails