Monday, August 23, 2010

Change is a comin'.



This is what Saturday morning looked like out my front door. And I was just tickled.






My wise Mother has reminded me not to wish away the days (i.e. count down the minutes to Fall), as they are so fleeting. And she is right. As she most always is. So instead of counting down the days to Fall, I am embracing the "in between". The moments that remind you that the seasons are beginning to change.


One is parting. Slowly. One is arriving. Surely.

This morning was the first cloudy morning I have seen in a long while and I loved waking in the morning to find that the open windows had welcomed a crisp, cool air. I love realizing that it is not yet time for Uggs, but that flip-flop season is indeed waning. That it may be too soon for chili and pumpkins, but apple pie seems appropriate. And "back to school" advertising and paraphenialia is every where you turn.



I thought about how lucky we are to live our year in four different parts of unique weather. Can you imagine life otherwise?? I can't. And I am so thankful.


Thankful for today.

Thankful for the in-between.

And thankful for the tomorrow that promises crunchy leaves and cloudy mornings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails