Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meet Esther.



My new BFF.


She is fast, efficient, curvy and has the most beautiful complexion.


I think we are going to get along just brilliantly. In fact, we may actually become kindred spirits.




Over the weekend, we set out on our first adventure with one another. After some small talk, and a "getting to know you" period, we decided to join forces and make double chocolate almond cookies for Trela's housewarming party.





But alas, they were a complete flop.


I don't know what happened but the wet to dry ingredient ratio were ALL kinds of wrong. They wouldn't bind. They were too buttery. Too sugary. And they ended up in the trash can. Of course Mr. Kelly was appalled to see chocolate cookies in the garbage and insisted on tasting them. He thought they were amaaaazing. I assure you, he was blinded by love and a deep seeded affection for chocolate.



For the first time, Ina let me down. At first, I refused to believe that Esther could be responsible for this culinary catastrophe. But maybe she didn't want me to get cocky. Maybe we still need to work out the kinks. Maybe she wanted to remind me that she is not a miracle maker. Who knows. It hurt a little. But it can't all be rosy and peachy, right? And I suppose it's possible that I botched the measuring...I am only human, after all.




Esther and I agreed to shake it off and avoid playing the blame game. Good friends we will be, it was decided.



We will be back.



Stay tuned friends.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Ina is doing this recipe today on her show... in about 30 minutes. You should DVR it! How funny! I'm sure you are just being hard on yourself. They were probably delicious : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had many cookies go wrong in my red bullet! Have no fear you will work it out, and Esther will become your friend soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. I feel better :) I got the recipe off that episode! Did you watch it? Any idea where I went wrong?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails