Friday, August 27, 2010

heavenly chaos



This is what our life looks like right now.

Lots of boxes. Lots of Sharpie pens. Lots of FRAGILE.

The smell of cardboard has been wafting in our noses for days. I can't help but love this smell. It reminds me of moving. It reminds me of Christmas morning.


As Mr. Kelly and I loaded boxes into the trunk last night, he said simply, "I love this." And I asked, "you love what?"

He said, "this".

I know, Sugar. Me too.





Welcome, friends. To the new Casa de Kelly. I also like to call it the Kelly Love Shack.




The beauty of our new backyard! I was supposed to be lining our kitchen cabinets...but this golden light beckoned me outside to bask.

Had you been there...I think you would have done the same.




First things first. After basking in the sunlight, of course.


1) Get the music flowing.


2) Move some boxes from car to house.



3) Mark this house as ours with our "Kelly" sign.





It's all about the details. Old door knobs. Old windows. Old floors. Old doors. And the view from my kitchen window.



Be still my beating heart.




Getting all my baking gear in place.


I think Esther likes her new home. She was smiling all night.




And then a dance party in the hall way.



Partly, because I needed a break.



Partly, because I am just one big happy girl who finds it hard to contain herself at times.



Partly, because we all need to just get it out occasionally.



But mostly, because the The Rolling Stones were on the play list, all night. And the Stones really do something to me.




Game day, a.k.a rent U-Haul and move all the big stuff, happens tomorrow.

And our last night at our sweet Lindenwood house happens tonight.

Today, Rosemont dwellers. Tomorrow, Tahoe Park residents.

Amazing how such a big change can happen overnight and although our legs and arms are weary, our hearts are full.

Full of love. Full of optimism. Full of gratitude for the yesterdays and hope for all the tomorrows.





1 comment:

  1. I want to come over what does Sept. 18th look like for you???? I have to see this place and Logan is missing his Tante!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails