Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seesters

Today I am missing my seesters. And I am wishing that sixty miles did not separate us. I wish that I could just drive a block to borrow a cup of sugar or some hairspray. Or invite them over for an ice cold Pepsi before bed. Or ask them to "stop by" really quick to sing me a song, to make sure my undergarmets are not visible through my skirt or to roll out my pastry dough for me.


Sisters are invaluable resources. And are really fun to be around.


When I say my sisters are fun....I mean, like really fun. And if you have sisters or daughters or cousins or really cool girlfriends, you know what I mean. When I am with these two, I feel completely odd and normal all at the same time. And I feel like I never, ever have to grow up...as clearly evidenced by these photos:


Sisters and any siblings really, are just so cool and make you feel so connected. I mean, who else do you share the same memories, the same history and the same origin with? Sisters know one another inside and out. And I am so lucky to have these girls.


When we are together we giggle like school girls, and we act VERY silly. We call one another "Pookie". We laugh, sing, dance, occasionally bicker, roll our eyes and then just laugh some more. Because that is how we sisters do it-no argument too big, no pretenses, and no holding back. Just the good stuff. The real stuff.

***************************

Here are a few things that have recently reminded me how cool seesters really are:



* they offer to help you move. Seriously. Sweeeeet.



* they are your dilligent maid of honors at your wedding. One sings a beautiful tune at your reception and the other carries all the fixins' for an entire bridal emergency kit in her dress pocket.



* they throw you the king of all bachelorette parties. Not kidding. Check it out here.



* they bring you soup, homemade soup when you are sick.



* they send you beautiful colored pictures from a Snow White coloring book in the mail. Just because.



* they put up with all your bridal fretting and wedding mania for EIGHTEEN MONTHS.



* they adopt your husband as their brother.



* they dance with you, even when you are the only ones on the dance floor.



* in place of "hello", they break into song, loudly singing "they say when you marry in Juuuuune", every time they see you.



* they offer you the earrings and sunglasses off their face at your bridal shower when you freaked out and forgot your own.



* they drive all the way from Napa to decorate your house before you return from your honeymoon. They stock your fridge, bring flowers, give your cat some love, and park your car at the airport for you.


**********************************


Here is to sisters.



And a special shout out to mine.



I love you so.


1 comment:

  1. OH POOKIE HOW I LOVE YOU SO! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO A POST ALL DAY. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY. XOX TELL RYAN I SAID HI

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails