Friday, August 6, 2010

Taco Thursday

Last night these two newlyweds came over for dinner. Remember them? They are so cute.


We ate tacos and guacamole and drank homemade beer.


We talked in a big group and then separated. Boy group and girl group.


The girls talked about our respective weddings and honeymoons, haircuts and jobs. I can't report on what the boys talked about, because, who knows what they talk about. Probably monster trucks and interest rates, you know, silly things like that.


We talked about being neighbors soon and about all the things we will do together. Like garage sales, Oktoberfest parties, the beauty of being able to walk home from each other's houses after we have sampled a bit too much beer, and shopping at the new Target that will open soon. The boys joked that we will only be allowed to ride our bikes to Target to limit the amount of goods we can come home with. I nodded and gave them my best defeated face. But I didn't tell them about my backpacking backpack. Ha! I could fit a large pony in that thing. {Enter sneaky smile.}


Later, we all gathered again to share scary fire stories. I of course, shared how I earned my nickname, Torchie, after burning off my bangs and eyebrows while working at the local El Torito-two words: flaming fajitas. Jimmy and Landra's fire story topped ours however, with a roommate who once decided to boil oil while trying to make fish and chips. Funny story.


I love watching Ryan belly laugh with one of his oldest friends. I usually belly laugh too, because Jimmy is very, very funny.


The night ended with brownies and hugs.


I love Taco Thursdays.


But I love couples friends even more.


P.S. Sorry for the picture-less post. I will try not to make a habit of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails