Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday Boy

Today is this guy's birthday...



And he is one of a kind.

Trevor. is. also. really. funny. In fact, it just isn't a party in my book unless this guy is there. Most of the time, I feel like this guy completely beats me on the "cool-meter", but I pretty much feel like a celebrity just walking beside him.



One thing I know about Trevor is that if we were stuck in a window-less, concrete room with just four-walls, if Trevor were there, it would be a great party. For me at least. But it would be Trevor's worst nightmare. Being around hoards of people is when Trevor really shines. He feeds on socializing and he is really good at it. I always marvel at his ability to walk into a room full of strangers and walk out with seventy percent of the party shouting his name, getting his number, or writing on his Facebook wall.

Fun follows him. Like a shadow. He just can't help it.



In honor of the man's birthday, I thought a little trip down memory lane would be fitting. Through all of the years, here are my favorite Trevor moments:



*Trevor convincing me that I should dye my hair red in the seventh grade. He also convinced me that afterwards I should ride my bike home, whip my helmet off, shake my new scarlet locks and declare to my horrified mother that I was "a new woman." I did it.


*In middle school and high school, we lived in Erika's room. He got the recliner, I sat on the bed and Erika at her desk, manning the computer, or music. There we formed our club, LET, short for Lauren.Erika. Trevor and our motto? LET there be love.

*Road trip to Santa Barbara. Three of us crammed in the front seat of an old Buick for hours, stopping only for Burger King. Remember, that stop on the San Luis Obispo beach Trev? I do, and I am still mad. ;)

*Summer trips to Trevor's family cabin in Buck's Lake. One of my favorite spots on earth.


*Living right across from one another at the lovely Lincoln Place Apartments. We were so cool, we formed our own sorority.


*Sharing a room for nearly six months. Two beds, side by side. Lucy and Ricky style. We watched the First Wives Club over and over again and laughed at the same spots every time.


*Vacation to Myrtle Beach to celebrate Trevor's twenty-first birthday. I remember...most of it.


*The rad parties we threw for Cinco de Mayo and Christmas. They were fancy.

*The surprise party Trevor planned for my 22nd birthday at Lemon Grass. My one and only surprise party and all my friends were there. Perfect.


*Trevor's last Halloween costume. Mr. T. Hysterical. See photo above for proof.


*At our Mexican engagement fiesta, Trevor made his grand entrance wearing huge sunglasses, a rainbow colored poncho and a ginormous sombrero. I won't forget that image for the rest of my days.


*Deciding in ninth grade that we would dance under twinkle lights to "A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol and Harum at my wedding. Fourteen years later, just two months ago, we did just that.

Then he did the splits. Twice, actually.


I know my life would have a lot less laughter and many more regrettable outfits if it wasn't for his jokes and fashion advice. And if I can take one good thing from the seventh grade (bad haircuts and sweatpants pretty much ruined the that year for me), its that I met Trevor. I am pretty sure that my laugh had to adapt and grow in volume to accomodate the laughter he brings... But aside from the jokes and pranks, this man really has a heart of gold.


I love you Trevor. Thanks for being my BFF.


Happy, happy Birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails