Friday, July 30, 2010

Silver Bullet


This silver bullet and I are good friends.


Together, we patrol the ghetto the 'hood...




...wave to fellow Rosemontians...


and stop at parks along the way.


Isn't "Manlove" a funny name?


When I was thirteen, my parents bought me a shiny, new red bike, with multiple gears-fancy! It was a wonderful gift. It meant freedom. I used to ride in our old neighborhood, gaze at houses and dream of adulthood. I would pick my favorite house on each block and imagine myself and my future family in those walls. Unbeknownst to my mother, I would occasionally hide quarters in my sock and stop at the Dairy Queen for a vanilla blizzard with Nerds - BEFORE dinner. Naughty!


My bike is still my refuge. When I am bored, cranky or need to clear my fuzzy head, I hop on this silver bullet and with each pump of my legs, I feel my worries blow away with the wind...


Well, most of them anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails