Saturday, July 24, 2010

Barefoot in the kitchen....

Lately, I can't get enough of the lovely Ina Garten, also known as the Barefoot Contessa. Although my mama (and most everyone else) has looked to Ina for inspiration for years, I have just discovered her and I couldn't be more pleased.

*Don't you just want to hug her?

Due to the lack of exciting television (not including Wipe Out) during the summer months, I set off in search of some new and different delights to add to my DVR list. I am proud to say that Ina now enters our living room each day while I am work and leaves tips, recipes and such a sweet smile for me to find when I return home each evening.

Although she says, "how is easy is that", "add a little heat", and stresses the importance of "good vanilla" over and over again, I can't help but just love this woman and am happy to report that she has helped inspire me and add to my "wifey" skills. Her recipes are classic and fresh, the ingredients simple and basic and I love the alternatives she offers: "if your eggs aren't room temperature, just set them in warm water for five", or, "if you don't care for dill, try parsley". Thanks anyway Ina, but I am crazy for dill; however, I am putting that egg tip in my back pocket.

Some of the recipes that we have tried in the last couple of weeks, include:

*Fingerling potatoes with dill, roasted in a dutch oven.

*Grilled Asian glazed salmon

*Chicken and vegetable kabobs

*Hollandaise over asparagus (Mr. Kelly's top pick)

And I can't wait to try homemade marshmallows and her chocolate chip angel food cake recipes. Can we all say "YUM"?!

***********

Thank you Ina, for your professional courtesy and for so generously sharing your culinary expertise. I look forward to expanding our working relationship in the coming months.

Best regards,

Mrs. Lauren Kelly




2 comments:

  1. She and Giada are my faves! That is too funny because my hubby and I watched the marshmallow one in awe and just bought all of the ingredients. My only thing with Ina is that her recipes are usually expensive! But that just makes me jealous of her all the more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those marshmallows look AMAAAAAZING! Trouble. Big trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails