Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bake Party

On sunny Saturdays, when it is too hot to hang outside, sisters gather for bake days...

First, we plan. Scouring blogs, cookbooks and recipe boxes for the answer to the big question, "what will we bake today?"...

Sisters then set off to the Farmer's Market for ingredients...

The grocery store for pantry items...

And then,we do lunch. Energy for the marathon we face...

Sisters dress appropriately. Of course, girly aprons included.

We collect utensils, set up stations and prepare for the sweet and savory saturation ahead...

My bread machine's virgin sail - rosemary bread! And yeast - it's alive and it will always be a mystery to me...

Apple strudel, anyone?



Or perhaps, lemon yogurt cake?

Maybe you are in the mood for chocolate cream pie?

Every Saturday should be spent with sisters, especially when there are fine confections involved.

Mr. Kelly and his happy tummy agree. My waistline, however, may not.

Thank you, Sister. For everything. And for the record, the strudel studel is my favorite ;)



P.S. Please note the strawberries as seen above were FREE. That's right, friends, FREE. I think I will bring that cute little Rachel to the market with me more often. It seems the boys find her very easy on the eyes. Which apparently means free fruit for all. Sweeeet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails