Friday, July 9, 2010

Total Eclipse

An amazing thing happened to me last week. I received a phone call after hours from my boss, which is rare. Sure we text at all hours often, but phone calls are uncommon.

The news was good. Very good. Like "Cullen" good.

On her way home from the office my boss heard a contest on the radio involving some question about The Lost Boys (I don't even know what or who that is) and won a price that she could care less about but that she knew would mean so very, very much to me...

Wait for it...


Brace yourselves...






That's right! TWO TICKETS TO SEE ECLIPSE AT THE IMAX!


Clearly, I was just a little more excited than my Mr. Kelly, but what a sport that husband of mine is to pretend to be as thrilled as I and to join me for two hours of Twilight heaven...Isn't his face just adorable??



Being the sappy, nostalgic couple we are, we stopped by the Sheraton Bar, the venue of our third date, to wet our whistles...


...and then, because it was on the way, we walked past that magical park where Mr. Kelly asked me to be his wifey, seemingly so long ago. I catch my breath every. single. time I see this sight. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I just can't help it.


The IMAX holds the same mystery and old-school feel that I love about old theatres. Something about those shiny, blinking lights just helps build the excitement and thrill of "going to the movies". Brings a little tingle to my skin and usually makes me squeal a bit and skip for a pace or two... I know, I know. It doesn't take much folks.




Nothing like cherry coke (which I ONLY drink at the movies-reminds me of my dear Daddy), popcorn (WITH butter) and a good ol' fashioned love triangle, complete with romantic bloodsuckers and ginormous werewolves to make this date night one to remember.


*Sidenote: What I probably should not tell you is that while Ryan can pretend to be as excited as can be about seeing a Twilight movie, I realized it was all a ruse when I a caught him a comatose state halfway through the movie. We are talking mouth open, and eyes shut tight. It's true. I didn't think it was possible. As for me? I was afraid to even blink. That's ok though, because even though the kissing scenes were mesmerizing, the book is waaaaaaay better. And Mr. Kelly looks soooo handsome when he sleeps.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute!!! I am going to try and see it next week with Amy (shitbird),Mitchell and I only drink cherry coke at the theatre too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... you have never seen The Lost Boys??? Are you insane?... rent or download it! FAB movie, one of my all time favorites... total cult film. You don't know what you are missing sweetie! The Corie's, Kiefer, Jason all young and HOT! I think I am going to go pop in my DVD and watch it right now ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee-you only drink cherry coke at the movies too??!!? Is that a "thing" or is just a Abernethy cousin thing?? Crazy!

    B- I know, I have been ridiculed to know end about this fact, don't worry, I am renting it tonite :) Apparently, I can not live another day without seeing this flick, according to several people :) Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails