Thursday, September 16, 2010

Clothespin



One of the perks of our new old house, is a built in clothesline. And I am loving it. Partially, because our old dryer doesn't work at this new place-something about gas vs. electric. Who knows.



But I love it for other reasons as well.




Although it is a chore, I am loving the simple act of hanging the wash.






Now I should explain, I haven't always been a fan of the clothesline. As a child, my mama used the clothesline often and I detested the feeling of stiff jeans and crunchy sheets.



But as I have learned in my old age, Mother does indeed know best. For instance, I love that we are saving energy. I love how bright the whites come out. I LOVE how the clothes smell. I love hiding the unmentionables on the inside, carefully hidden behind big men's shirts and towels. I love that I think now think twice about throwing that sweater or those shorts into the dirty clothes basket.




And mostly, I love feeling connected to all the wives and mothers and women before me who hung their wash in the morning, leaving it to dry in the warm afternoon sun...



1 comment:

  1. It is a wonderful feeling hanging things to dry!! As you know Logans diapers are always hung to dry and get whiter with sun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails