Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's a wash.

I am ashamed to admit that before the June nuptials, I was running and visiting the gym nearly six days per week, which is not exactly happening at the present time. But I am determined to get back in the game and avoid gaining that Freshman Wifey Fifteen.


So I have resigned myself to the fact that although I was blessed with a strong, healthy body, I was not in fact blessed with a runner's body. Apparently, my knees and hips were just not designed for daily joint shock. But three runs per week, with other activities to "shake it up" in between, seems to be the perfect amount for both mind and body, and the park in the new neighborhood has a lovely track, with no concrete in sight! (Pictures coming as soon as Internet arrives at our house-which I hope will be before Christmas- DO YOU HEAR ME COMCAST???-humans are not equipped to withstand life without cable AND Internet!!!!!)


Last week, I hit the pavement for a nice, long run. It was nice. And it was also hard. I remember in May I was doing this same loop with no problem. This time it was a struggle to get through it. But get through it I did.




Then I came home to perk up my weary bones with a cup of joe, only to find that I had run out of half and half. I may be able to eat pasta without parmesean (this is not without its challenges), but I do not drink coffee less some type of dairy.

No worries however, a bit of heavy whipping cream hidden in the back of the fridge saved the day. Add a lump (or two) of sugar...and a happy girl I was.





Delicious, thick and oh-so creamy, but I am pretty sure that spoonful of cream wiped out any benefit I may have gained from my run.

Better not make a habit of running out of half and half.


p.s. Can you believe it is September 1st?? Ca-razy. Crazy exciting, that is.

1 comment:

  1. hee hee... I totally gained the freshman wifey 15! That's what you call Blissful Love baby! My new mantra... "there's a skinny girl inside me screaming to get out. But I can usually shut that b!+*# up with some cupcakes!" : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails