Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday Funday



Last Sunday, the Abernethy family, plus G-ma, came to Casa de Kelly for taco party!


We gave a home tour (all 900 sq. feet!), played in the backyard, watched football, and Mama taught me how to make her world famous taco shells. Well actually, she just did the work for me. Sweet gal.


While Rachel chopped tomatoes, Emily looked after crazy kitty, mom plucked cilantro, Ryan manned the BBQ, Dad trimmed the Oleander, and I scurried about as we chatted in my retro kitchen about antiques and floor plans, cast iron pans and cakes, babies and football. It was glorious. And I giggled a lot.


We ate in the mancave, Emily and Rachel performed a Vanilla Ice song (because they are cool like that-should I share the video ladies?) and then we played a mean game of family big ball-my k-9 niece Annie even scored a spot on the team!


Then we had dessert.


As we stood on the stoop, waving goodbye, Ryan said, "your family is fun". I nodded in agreement, as a
satisfied smile crept over my face. And then I kissed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails