Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A pumpkin for you, and a pumpkin for me.



How rare it is to find myself in Napa on a Saturday, with my Darling in the car, and two hours to burn....ahhhh.

We immediately decided on an iced mocha and a country drive...





The evening hours found us at Casa de Serf.Erika.Ever for a dinner party. Remember this lil' fella
?


After hugs and kisses, we played with trucks and sidewalk chalk. We had a group jam session. We talked about our trip to Yosemite and began planning a new adventures. We listened to Serf's demo and nearly died at his talent. We discussed how to wear boots with skirts. We admired Erika's new bangs and Ever's longer limbs.


Oh how I had missed this sweet face...And Ever smiles for pictures now-how grown up!



*Photo credit to Ever, who took the first two pictures on the left - me likey!


Dinner was magnificent...white wine, poached salmon, summer corn salad, crab cakes, rice, green salad and carrots. And we all ate at the table, in one big circle. Ever fed me carrots. What a treat...




After supper, we hit the sidewalk for a long walk and it was heavenly. I am convinced that nothing beats a walk after a meal, especially when a huge, golden moon lights your path.


*My apologies for the horrible nighttime photos...someday I will learn how to take pictures in darkness. And for the record, Serf just may be my favorite poser EVER.



We ended the night with coffee, icee treats and story time. And as I sat next to Ever and his big boy bed and read to him, I thought about when his mama and I changed his diaper when he just a day old and giggled at his skinny little birdie legs. His legs are long and sturdy now...so different than they once were. The entire night just warmed my heart.



But my favorite part of the evening? Erika and I had both bought mini pumpkins to give to one another as gifts. I got a pale orange stripey pumpkin and they got a white one.



Is that cosmic or what?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails