Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Weekend {volume III}



Labor Day, and the fruit cocktail saga continues...

Trevor got BUSY with the blender and the melon and concocted a fine little something to wet our whistles...




But this day, Rachel was in town to shake it up and give us some new material! Trevor likes to pretend any girl is his paper doll and by day three I was tired of being his model. But luckily Rachel was game and even did a little dance for us! Like Trevor can shake up a good martini, Rachel can shake what her mama gave her...Doesn't she look like Lady Liberty here?? Can't get enough of her red, white and blue.




We continued with our goal of "lounging in the late Summer sun". Although it feels slightly trashy...I am loving our "outdoor" couch. And what's not to love about these two souls...


*see that hand in the photo? Trevor is so obviously a Leo and cannot stand being out of the spotlight.


Madonna was all the rage (as she always is) and what do you know...we got busy in the kitchen yet again. Rachel and I chopped and Trevor manned his station...at the kitchen sink. I told him he should move in. Like yesterday.


We q'ued up some brats, corn salad, beans and Tante Cory's famous sour cream and dill potato salad (the one Trevor thinks is mayonnaise free-shhhhh!) A team effort, equals a team success.


But soon the day was waning and these two had to follow the sinking sun and head home, westbound.



This is how we felt about it:




The house seemed so lonely and quiet after three days of Trevor. It felt like a sudden empty nest or like the day the music died. Talk about a buzz kill.


But being that I am not one to wallow, well at least for longer than ten minutes...I perked up, tried to hack into some neighbor's wireless network (don't worry, just for a measly Internet connection) and after that attempt failed, I opted for a lovely bike ride to the park.


I couldn't wait to see the other man in my life, my hunk of burning love, Mr. Kelly - the poor man was only home for less than seven hours each day from Friday to Monday-and that was only to eat and then sleep! Such a hard worker...


Mad Men helped the hours fly by and eased my "missing you" heart...have you seen this show? I am addicted. As in, it is officially my new "Dexter", i.e. obsession. I know I am late to this train and many of you are already fans, but seriously, if you haven't seen it, run, don't walk to your local video store. Looove all the themes, undertones, the acting and the fashion...my-oh-my. Good stuff.

All in all, Labor Day weekend was a complete rager and such fun....thank you T and R for making it perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails