Tuesday, September 7, 2010

moving weekend.


We survived moving weekend! Much to my surprise. It was actually like a big open house, with lots of fun party-goers, in and out. For me at least. Ryan did A LOT of heavy lifting (with some kind help from Jimmy!) and I got to work on the fun stuff, including organizing closets and decorating our new space. I like to think we make a good team...



Nothin' like a big man in a big truck. My busy, busy bee, Ryan was. I spent HOURS rifling through boxes while waiting for the man that magically brings Internet to our casa Comcast. Who never showed up. And no, I am clearly not over it.



We were so thrilled that the Kelly parentals and my mama and sister came by to see the pad and wish us well. They also brought thoughtful treats for us, including: our new Adirondack chairs that were lovingly build by my grandpa, recycled magazines, beer, brownies and a badminton set!! - sounds like a recipe for a backyard bash to me. THANK YOU! Later, my mama took us to dinner where we experienced the oddest salad known to man. We agreed that apples and blue cheese make a nice combo, but not with BBQ sauce. Make a note. After we talked about blue cheese, we talked about couch placement and curtains for the new residence. F.U.N.



Christy and Tracey dropped by with snacks and champagne to help welcome us to the neighborhood and toast to our new adventure...what a lucky girl I am-friends for neighbors. Love it.






The Wedick's brought pizza and beer, which tasted sooooo amazing after a long, hard day. So sweet.




Connor, the K-9 thought so too. He just helped himself!




The next morning we woke up slowly and cooked our first meal in our new house. We are big fans of the breakfast food. And it was so dreamy to cook with a gas stove. I am officially in looooooove.




After the nightmarish task of cleaning the refrigerator and venturing to the old house to grab our sweet, nutty feline, we decided to treat ourselves to ice cream. Because sometimes we all need a pick me up. Ben and Jerry's did the job. Some serious video game action soon followed. While Ryan likes to play Grand Theft Auto, I am a big fan of Disney's The Incredibles-Rise of the Underminer! Its geared for young children and its awesome. While we play, I pretend that I am Mrs. Incredible and Ryan is Mr. Incredible. It works for us.




Although moving proved to be waaaay more stressful than planning a wedding, we did it and our new house finally feels like home, even if we are still without the 'Net and still adjusting to life without cable. But its nice. Really nice.


We have spent the last week busy with bbq's and house guests...sucking what remains from this glorious summer and trying to get all that we can out of our new backyard before the cold moves in...




P.S. Last night, Chloe executed one of her elaborate escape plans and proceeded to introduce herself to the furry neighborhood riff raff. The noises of that little "meeting" indicated that it didn't go so well and that maybe the Tahoe Park Feline Chapter was not interested in a new member. I, meanwhile, must have looked like a crazy lady, crying and crawling under cars with a flashlight, trying to persuade her to come home. Finally, she did. Thanks to a can of Tuna and NO thanks to my tearful, desperate pleas. Here's to hoping that all the neighbors, both human and feline, will forgive us for our dramatic midnight escapades...





1 comment:

  1. Well.....when do we get to come and visit?????? I am dying to see your new place and Logan really misses his Tante!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails