Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It is here...



Summer's end. Fall's beginning.


What better way to celebrate than with homemade salsa, courtesy of tomatoes from Casa de Awesome, and taco salad...





We headed to the back yard to soak up the sunset - it was a special sunset, as if the clouds and sun knew that this night was a night to celebrate change. Fall may have been hours away...but a little game of big ball seemed like a good way to toast to a good summer.





Our celebration ended with milkshakes and over slurps and milky mustaches, we talked about what a busy and fun-filled summer it had been - a wedding, a honeymoon and a big move. I am tired just talking about it. A good summer indeed...one that I will never forget.




But this girl is always ready for fall...


Leaves outside = leaves inside.





And time for boots and booties...




...corduroy, leather and scarves...





...PUMPKINS...





And warm, cozy comfort food. I am dreaming of all the recipes that we will experiment with in this pot...





Kitty looks ready to pack up and head somewhere tropical-she isn't so sure about the changing of the seasons...





But I am. And the harvest moon was calling to me last night. It whispered: "I am back." And I politely replied: "Hello, old friend. I have been waiting."




Happy Autumnal Equinox, dear readers.



Do tell...what is your favorite part of Fall?



P.S. After spending 45 minutes in the store, trying to decide, I bought both-booties and boots. However, back to school shopping mandates only one new pair of kicks per person-which pair should I choose??? Any thoughts on the matter?

4 comments:

  1. :::the smell of the first rain::: "harvest moon" a song from our childhood:::princess pumpkins::: halloween:::frosty mornings:::jumping in a pile of leaves::: wearing my boots and sweaters daily:::the smell of fall is in the air. I would be excited about Uggs like you but I have yet to get a pair. No one looks better in Uggs than you my dear sister!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...seester! I read your words and its as if I spoke them myself...nothing better than that first rain, princess pumpkins and piles of leaves!! I am officially on the lookout for pint-sized Uggs for you-no one should live without them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you new shoes by the way! I forgot to include:::comfort food:::ny new wool mustard sweater (thanks to you):::big umbrellas:::

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails