Friday, September 17, 2010

Miracle on 64th Street.



Last week, we had our first dinner party at our new house. We chatted on the patio and then ate in the man cave by candlelight. It was so special. For me and Ryan at least.


Entertaining, just the mere thought of it, used to give me a near panic attack. I would have preferred to get caught naked in a mall. But now, I love it. I love that our house seems to come alive when it is filled with the ones we love. And I love that hosting familia and amigos is a way for us to express how fun we find them to be and how much we value their company.


I suppose that expanding my kitchen repertoire, a new dining room table, and a slew of gifts to entertain with have helped my progression. Or maybe it was learning that it's not about what you serve or whether you have enough seating, its realizing that if I have fun, and there is plenty of wine, everyone will follow suit. Whatever the cause, I am pleased as punch.



On this night, the night of our first dinner party on 64th Street, we talked about work and BBQ'ing. Food and old times. Tree-trimming and beer making.



The Kelly parentals brought wine and a beautiful bouquet of flowers that matched my table scape perfectly. Mama Marsha even brought an appetizer that was a HIT! Good thing, because my veggie plate wasn't enough for all the mens. I wonder if she can read my mind? She is very gifted...



We dined on tri-tip, roasted potatoes and salad. I made blue cheese dressing for Daddy David because he loves it. And I love him.




We drank and ate until our hearts and bellies were warm and then we feasted on apple crisp with ice cream.



In my mind, the night was a success. Nothing was burned. No one got hurt. And laughs were plentiful. It was a
small miracle to me.



And this is what happens when you give Jimmy a beer (or two) and a camera...


Classic.



P.S. I found these pictures as I uploaded them last night and laughed for a very long time. I think I will make a point of deliberately leaving my camera beside him once in awhile just to see what other funny faces silly Jimmy can make.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait until we are invited up for some entertaining in the new love shack!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails