Tuesday, September 14, 2010

tahoe park {squared}



A neighborhood tour to the park, for my few but, faithful and adored readers...

Behold...Tahoe Park Park.



That sounds funny.




There is so much here! Basketball, trees, a swimming pool, murals, a playground, horseshoes, soccer fields and my favorite... a baseball diamond.




And bleachers, dirt and chain linked fencing. But oh, how I love bleachers.




I sat and thought about the hours that my parents sat on bleachers just like these watching me play. And then I thought about, one day, watching our own little ones play. If they want to, that is. Maybe they will hate baseball. But I hope they like it. Or at least, give it a whirl. Whether it be for one game, or five hundred, I will be there. On the bleachers.



Last night, I jogged around the park, smiling at all my neighbors and then when Ryan got home, we went back and strolled the track, hand in hand. We chatted, well I chatted a lot - Ryan is a very good listener. We talked about weekend plans and menus. We talked about our crazy cat. We talked about the park. All with a perfect view of the crescent moon.


Yes, indeed...I have met this place. And I love this place...




...good playmates, we will be.





1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails